Friday, February 27, 2009

Wicked

Yes, I finally saw Wicked on February 10, 2009, at the Gershwin Theatre in New York City. I love musicals and this was one that I've always wanted to see. The problem is that Broadway has become very expensive entertainment for 2 hours -- tickets are over $110 -- because I will only sit in Orchestra and maybe Front Mezzanine.

My sister and I did try about four years ago for the lottery they hold before daily to get ticket for $26.25. We did not win.

My company is a member of an organization that gets us discount. They had discounted tickets to Wicked on and off, but it was never a time I would be in town. The stars aligned -- had $64 tickets and I was going to be working from home. Treated my sister and for SIL as an early birthday gift. I thought SIL would say no as she had seen it already. Nope, she wanted to go again.

Our seats were in the Orchestra, Right Side, Row S, Seats 2, 4 & 6. They were GREAT seats. As the curtain came down for the final time, I looked at my sis and SIL and said "I'm definitely seeing this again if the discount tickets pop up again." My sis said she's coming, too. SIL said the same. Me and my sis said she could not come until we catch up to her count *LOL*.

I've loaded some pics I took. Check them out here: Wicked. Yes, a union member friend has told me I should not have taken some of the ones I took. I was a very bad girl. I could not help myself. The phone was in my hand. As you can see, they are crappy.

If you want to check out the show, go to the official site here.

The Cast I saw: Elphaba - Nicole Parker; Glinda - Alli Mauzey; Madame Morrible - Jayne Houdyshell; The Wizard - PJ Benjamin; Fiyero - Aaron Tveit; Boq - Alex Brightman; Nessarose - Brynn O'Malley; Doctor Dillamond - Timothy Britten Parker.

Next show 'cause I got discount promotion: Cirque du Soleil's Kooza on April 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment