Monday, October 2, 2006

Chauffeuring

My oldest brother actually gets paid for chauffering as this one of his jobs -- he drives limos and sometimes even a stretch. But this is not about him as he is generally not around because he's always working.

I and my baby older brother are the chauffeurs for our family -- Taxi 'R' Us. When someone needs to be driven somewhere, he or I would get the call. It use to be just him before I got my driver's license and a car. What's really interesting is everyone, except my mother, Ray's wife and my other SIL, have driver's license. Really, they do. They just don't drive. I even offer the use of my car when I don't need it. As soon as they got their driver's license, the knowledge went into the wind. No, we don't get paid. Not even for the gas we use in our cars. We get the pleasure of doing something nice for the family ;) It's really not too bad as we're only called when public transportation is not a viable option or it's a big family get together -- 17 in the immediate area *WOW* (we need two tables in a Chinese restaurant now); 19 if the CA contingent comes in.

My last chauffeuring job was attending my baby sister's friends wedding. So we left the house at 1:30pm and did not get home until 11:15pm. I cannot really complain because it was something different from "can we go shopping". I could have dropped her at the church, but I would have had to wait and transport her to the reception. I was my sister's guest.

The church and wedding ceremony were nice, especially when the priest talked about the three rings in life -- the engagement ring, the wedding rings and suffering :) He got everyone to crack up. The food was lip smacking. The reception had lots of food -- you could have made a meal of it. An hour later was dinner * yum rack of veal*. DJ team was toe tapping -- though I don't really dance. I enjoy music and bopping in my chair. I leave the dance floor to everyone else.

Oh, back to the chauffeuring... I'm working on getting my baby older sister back behind the wheel. She really needs to get back behind the wheel as she has two little ones. Once I get her driving again, she can hijack her hubby's car, Lexus :D, and bum around NJ. Maybe, I'll be lucky and she'll drive me around.

As for my baby sister, she absolutely refuses to drive. She lives with me and has learned to use public transportation when she wants to go into the City. She only screams for me when she misses the bus or winds up at the off hours bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment