Saturday, September 29, 2007

At Last, Disneyland

I finally had to do it. I missed Disneyland so much. In the prior years, I would visit the place at least 5 times a year.

It was destiny. The moons were aligned. I could not fly on client's dime so Continental had a great deal. My work schedule even accomodated my visit.

I flew out early Saturday morning, Sept 15, got upgraded to First Class, enjoyed a great breakfast and landed in Los Angeles 10am. I got my rental car and headed straight to Disneyland. I met my friend and her 4 year old grandson. We rode Space Mountain, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Alice in Wonderland, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Peter Plan's Flight, and Pirates of the Caribbean. After returning the kid to his Daddy, we hit Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, had dinner at Cafe Orleans and ended our day with "Remember... Dreams Come True" Fireworks.

On Sunday, after a bit of shopping, I headed back to the park. I did a bit more shopping I picked up all the pins I've missed for the last several months. My poor credit card I tried to catch the Disney's Aladdin (a musical show) at Disney's California Adventure (DCA) park, but they only had seats in the balcony. I didn't want to sit there because you miss some stuff. Instead, I checked out Disney's candy corn decor (see pictures) -- very cute. I headed back to Disneyland and caught Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. I had dinner at the French Market (yummy fried chicken). I then got my spot for Fantasmic. It was very handy to have my PDA and MP3 so I able to entertain myself for 2 hours before the show started. It's a ritual at the park to stake out your place. There are no more good spots an hour before the show.

Monday arrives and it's my last day here. I got up at 6am so I could be in the same time zone as my colleagues on the East Coast. I finished up work at 4pm. Guess what? I headed back to the park. LOL No worries. I'm an annual passholder and can go in and out as many times as I want. I caught High School Musical 2: School's Out at DCA and found additional candy corns that I missed. At DLR, I caught Billy Hill and the Hillbillies again. I ended my trip with Parade of Dreams. Then off to the airport to catch my redeye flight to home.

Now I got to plan my next trip. Definitely have to head back there in December for their Christmas decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment