Monday, December 3, 2007

Jon & Kate Plus 8

I was surfing the channels looking for something to watch or act as background noise around 7pm last night. Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC (The Learning Channel) caught my eye. It must have been marathon night for this show as there was a new one (at least to me) every half hour. Forget about surfing the internet or reading a book, I was hooked. I watched them all until bed time which was the time they started to repeat the episodes.

This is about a family with a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. The twins, girls, are 6 years old. The sextuplets, 3 boys and 3 girls, are 3 years old. I caught the episode where they celebrated the 6 kids birthday. They had a carnival party.

The dad is an IT analyst and the mom quit nursing to stay with the kids full time. Since the life and times of this family is being documented, I guess they are not dealing with any hardship in raising 8 kids (e.g., food, toys, clothes). The couple has some great friends and relatives to pitch in when baby sitting or extra hands are needed. It's fun to watch the parents and the kids all interact. You get to see how the family deals with an amusement park, stroller to walking transition (donut leash), Mother's Day, visiting a farm, boy's haircuts, 1st dentist for the sextuplets/cavities for the twins, girls on a trip/boys stay home, couple's only trip.

After spending 1 1/2 hours in the car with my 4 year old nephew who was either snoring (loud) or non-stop talking (I prefer the snoring), I give lots and lots of kudoos to the mom who gets to spend 24/7 with the eight kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment