Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July Fireworks

Okay, I'm sitting here using my sister's laptop, checking my Google Readers Service and decided to write this blog. On the tellie is the NYC Fireworks on the Hudson River. The terrace door is open and lots of booming, banging, popping coming through. And, it's loud. It beats the tellie.

I think I've been spoiled by Disney. The NYC Fireworks does not interest me. My condo complex is at a high point in Jersey with a great view of NYC. I'm sure I would get a fabulous view of the going ons on the Hudson River. I'm not interested. I'm sure there are mosquitos lurking in the grassy area on the ridge.

Yes, Disney has definitly spoiled me. When I'm at Disneyland or Walt Disney World, I try to catch the fireworks. When I do, it's always close up. I always enjoy it and listening to fellow guests who see it for the first time.

It also does not help when my neighboring towns are booming, banging and popping louder than the offering of NYC fireworks. I definitely did not care at all for the fireworks or I would not be writing this blog while it's going on :)

My heart felt thanks to the service men who ensure we continue to have our freedoms.

Did you enjoy this year's fireworks in celebrating the birth of America?

No comments:

Post a Comment