I got hooked on going to see Bon Jovi when I got free tickets to his HAVE A NICE DAY tour in 2006. This will be the third concert of his I've gone to. The second one was the free concert he did at Central Park last summer.
We headed to the new stadium as soon as Pointy got home. Lots got there before us as we wound up in Lot K when I wanted to be in A-E. As we walked to the stadium entrance, the skies decided to open up. Lucky, I made sure we had rain gear with us. It delayed the start of the concert as Meadowlands Stadium did not want anyone to get struck by lightning. In the meantime, Pointy and I ate our sandwich while we waited.
Lightning warnings passed, and they let Gavin DeGraw start his set at 7:20. Yes, it was still raining. Jon must have had an in with someone upstairs as it ended when Gavin's set was over. Jon and crew came out at 8:00.
Bon Jovi ended the concert with KEEPING THE FAITH and some great fireworks to end the song. I guess we made enough of an uproar for him to return to give us the last three songs. The show ended about 11:45pm.
Here's the set list:
BLOOD ON BLOOD - NEW JERSEY
WE WEREN’T BORN TO FOLLOW - THE CIRCLE
BAD NAME - SLIPPERY WHEN WET
WHOLE LOT OF LEAVIN' - LOST HIGHWAY
BORN TO BE MY BABY - NEW JERSEY
LOST HIGHWAY - LOST HIGHWAY
WE GOT IT GOING ON - LOST HIGHWAY
HAVE NICE DAY - HAVE A NICE DAY
WHEN WE WERE BEAUTIFUL - THE CIRCLE
SUPERMAN TONIGHT - THE CIRCLE
CAPTAIN CRASH - CRUSH
BAD MEDICINE W/ BAD CASE OF LOVIN YOU - NEW JERSEY
IT’S MY LIFE - CRUSH
LOVES THE ONLY RULE - THE CIRCLE
LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME - Cross Road
MAKE A MEMORY - LOST HIGHWAY
BED OF ROSES - KEEP THE FAITH
NEVER SAY GOODBYE - SLIPPERY WHEN WET
SOMETHING FOR THE PAIN - THESE DAYS
SATURDAY NIGHT - Cross Road
SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD - KEEP THE FAITH
WORK FOR THE WORKING MAN - THE CIRCLE
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME - HAVE A NICE DAY
KEEP THE FAITH - KEEP THE FAITH
ALWAYS - Cross Road
WANTED - Cross Road
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER - SLIPPERY WHEN WET
* Poor deer got hit :( (It was still there the next day when I drove into the city.)
* Men really do go on the side of the road.
* Some tailgaters were taking up multiple parking spots.
* Males were coming out of the bushes. Guess they couldn't wait on the Porta-Johns lines.
* Why? Why did they have more Male checker lines than Female checker lines?
* I did not have to use the plastic bottle caps in my pocket.
* Pointy wonders why new toilets did not have sensors but the faucets did?
* The Droid Incredible has an amazing camera. The fuzzy pics were from Olympus camera which I forgot to fully charge. The rest of the pics are from the Incredible.
Judy, next time, remember to bring the extra poncho and possibly a towel to wipe the seats dry.
Here are the pics from Bon Jovi The Circle Tour concert if you interested.