Monday, November 16, 2015

China & Hong Kong: Bucklet List Checked

I really don't do lists, but if I did, visiting China and Hong Kong will be on it. Why? I have to see the homeland of pandas. Plus, I need to visit all the Disney playgrounds. Some might think I need to visit the land I was born in. Nope, pandas and Disney were the main reasons for this trip.

I landed in China after the sun had gone to sleep on Thursday, October 22, 2015. I left the land of Hong Kong as lots went to lunch on Thursday, November 5, 2015.

Like the many pictures and videos I took, this will be one of many blogs of my trip. I kept a diary of each day as things happen or thoughts/feelings popped up. The blog will be the place I keep my memories of this trip. The blogs may be short or they may be long.

I'm currently movng my videos from my camera card and downloading all the pics I uploaded to my cloud account -- yes, I discovered that one 32GB micro SD card was not enough for all the pics and videos I took -- to my desktop. If not for cloud account I had, I would really had to review everything I took and deleted stuff during my trip. I did have some extra cards on me but they were small, 1GB and 3GB. It seems the 3GB card was formatted incorrectly as I can't put videos on it. Yes, I had my smartphone with me which possibly had 4 GB free on it. Yes, I did wind up using it, too, for quick photos and one final video which I feared would not fit on my camera. By the end of the trip, the camera card only had enough room to take about another 600 photos. My last resort, I would have hijacked the 32GB card I had on my tablet. It had about 14GB free.

How many pictures and videos did I take
-- 172 videos, 26.6GB
-- 3,410 pictures, 9.5GB
this is from using my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 with 32GB micro SD card and my HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE smartphone which has a 16GB micro SD card. The smartphone was my backup when stoopid me forgot to bring my extra camera batteries with me one day and when it was quicker to pull out the phone than the camera.

Some interesting days ahead as I review all pictures and videos and write up my blogs. I did some editing of pictures when I had time during my trip. Now to use the power of my computer, mainly a larger screen, better processing power and ease of moving files around :D

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading and seeing your adventures! :)

    Jacs xx

    ReplyDelete