Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights - Final Year


This will the last year that Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studio will have the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, presented by Siemens. The over 5 million lights were turned on Friday, November 6, 2015 and will be turned off Sunday, January 3, 2016. Hollywood Studios will undergo some major enhancements as Disney takes away and adds new "lands" to this park, like Cars Land and Star Wars.

From its Facebook Page, Disney World Passholders announced that Annual Passholders can get an exclusive pair of "spectacles" that make the lights dance even brighter, to commemorate the final season for this great show. Sounds great, right?

Not really. There's a catch. Passholders can only pick up these "spectacles" on Monday or Wednesday after 5:30pm. There was a kind of explosion of comments from Passholders about this. Not very many happy campers.
I was glad I did not miss this announcement and happen to be at WDW the last several days so was able to pick up my pair. It was nice to know that they handed them out earlier than 5:30pm as I thought I would need to hang around until then. It was really my day for the Magic Kingdom :)
How do these "spectacles" make the lights better? Check out these before and after pictures. I shot the after pictures by placing one of the "spectable" lens on the camera lens.

These cardboard "spectacles" can be used for watching any twinkling lights. I wonder if these "spectacles" will make Fantasmic, Electrical Parade, Wishes, even Disneyland's World of Color or Paint the Night parade, extra special. I need to remember to bring them with me to try them out on these shows.

Check out some interesting facts about the light show on its wikipedia page --  The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights



No comments:

Post a Comment