Tuesday, September 13, 2016

What Am I Reading?

My life is not all cams -- pandas and the world of explore.org. I somehow still squeeze in reading, finishing a book or 3 a week.

I've caught up on my must-read authors: Sherrilyn Kenyon, J.D. Robb, J. Kenner, Lexi Blake, Shayla Black, Maya Banks, Lauren Dane and several others.


J.R. Ward use to be a must-read author but is now a when-I'm-in-the-mood author. Therefore, I'm behind on the Black Dagger Brotherhood by 2, Fallen Angel by 3 or 4 and not even started another new series Black Dagger Legacy. I did read her first book in her Bourbon Kings series. The second book, THE ANGEL'S SHARE, has been started but has been put aside for others as it is not holding my attention.

Ms. Ward's books are not the only ones that have been left in the To Be Read pile. There are many others like Lara Adrian, Nalini Singh, Christine Feehan et al. It's mostly paranormal stuff -- vampires, werewolves or other humans with supernatural powers -- that I've not been in the mood for. I'm even backlogged on James Patterson who I use to devour as soon as a book came out. He's just "writing" too many books. The past year I've been in a contemporary, billionaire, motor cyle club, alternative life, sports, shoot-'em'up style reading mood.

What am I in the mood for now? Iris Johansen. I'm catching up on the Eve Duncan series -- 1 done and 2 to go -- and Catherine Ling series -- 1 more to go. I'm caught up on all her books with her son, Ron -- the latest being SIGHT UNSEEN and THE NAKED EYE starring Kendra Michaels.

Maybe when I finish Iris Johansen I might try THE ANGEL'S SHARE again. Though there might be something more pressing to be read in my growing backlog of books. And another thing...the problem with finding new-to-me authors. It makes the To-Be-Read pile grow faster while the number of hours in a day remains the same.

What have you been reading? Is there a book I should be reading, too?

(NOTE: That cute pic of polar bear and panda reading in bed is from Panda And Polar Bear. Check out their site as there are lot more panda and polar bear pics./comics.)

No comments:

Post a Comment