Friday, October 21, 2016

Halloween in September

That's right I did Halloween in September. After Labor Day, Disneyland got gussied up for Halloween.

My sister and her friend found great airfare to head west. Therefore, a visit to the original HAPPIEST place in the world was called for. Yes, she was sad that she missed all the 60th Anniversary festivities, but she got to do trick-or-treating for the very first time. I think my first trick-or-treating was also at Disney, but it was at the World. Yes, there were no Halloween shenanigans when we were young.

To help empty the park of non Mickey Halloween Party guests, Toontown was closed early at 4pm and reopened for trick-or-treaters at 5pm. We got majority of our loot in this area. My sister was smart and brought a couple of bigger treat bags. We got lots of candy, chips, popcorn, carrots, apples, cookies and pretzels. It all came home with us less some carrots and apples which we munched on while at the party.

The fireworks, headless horseman and parade was fabulous! Check out these videos that I took.
Halloween Screams Fireworks
Ride of the Headless Horseman
Frightfully Fun Parade

It was hoot to make sure everyone got to pack some of the loot in his/her luggage. Weigh in, once we unpacked at home, was about 19+ pounds.

Some other things about this trip ...

I got upgraded to a suite, and it was Marvel superhero themed. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim is on South Walnut. Their suites are all Disney themed. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to Downtown Disney (ESPN end). If you don't want to do the walk, you can avail yourself of the Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) system which has a route that includes this hotel.

The temps for the entire trip was up in the high 90's and trick-or-treat day reached a high of 106. There were lots of request for cups of water. Disney Security check-in also advised guests to stay hydrated. I didn't do much of either park as I don't do heat well anymore. I let the pair go off and do whatever they wanted while I stayed in AC spots -- namely Disney Animation.

It was still AP Days. Let me tell you there was no place for APers to cool down. February AP Days were held in Studio 17--where they had the Frozen playground. This AP Days were held at Studio 12 where they made you hang out outside in the heat. You only got inside if you wanted to take a picture with the character and the line for it was outside. They even had a line outside in the sun to get into the Studio 12 area. I'm so glad a castmember was smart enough to create a fast line for those who just wanted to pick up the button.

We saw Frozen (I saw it twice). It's a very good show. I hope they try to rethink Elsa's costume as she does the quick change herself in the "Let It Go" number. She looks real hefty on top during the ball and her trek through the snowy mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment