Sunday, October 26, 2008

Airlines

Oh, this is a good one. Nearly forgot this one.

I'm going cruising with two of my sisters. Well, one of them calls me yesterday and asks "Can you change my return ticket to go to Washington DC instead?". I wasn't thrilled but was going to look into this for her.

No, I don't pick up the phone. I rather go on the website and do my own research. It will go quicker that way. I get all my facts and can perform a bunch of what ifs. If the web won't let me do the final change, then I'll pick up the phone.

So, I go on the website to see how much it would cost to go from Orlando to Washington DC... $89 was the lowest fare. None of them were direct flights. Guess where the connection is. Yep, Newark, my home airport. Yes, you're thinking the same as me. How much would it be to fly from Newark to Washington DC? It was........ $289. That is only one way. Go figure!?!?! It's true. Location... Location... Location... makes all the difference.

In the end, I told me sister it's not worth making the change as we have non-refundable tickets and, at the get go, would cost her $100 change fee besides the difference in fare. I told her I'll take her to the train station and she can catch the Amtrak down... $90.00. She can decompress quietly after spending 5 days with two siblings

No comments:

Post a Comment