Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In the News

Well, I decided to read some of the email news that I subscribe to instead of starting my work day. Yup, procrastination reared its head.

Via NY Times -

It's great to hear that some strap hangers do not believe bridge/tunnel tolls should be raised or created to decrease the cost of them riding the public transit system I wish my property taxes were adjusted for not having kids that use the public school system. Okay, my nieces and nephews moved here and are using the system now. I've told them they better take advantage of all that is offered -- seeing my tax dollars at work.

Obama wants private investors to help out in this crisis. It is a good time to buy if you have the extra dollars to spend. My brother pointed out this weekend that if we bought 1,000 shares of Citigroup two weeks ago we would have doubled the value of our shares.

I hope Palm can make it with it's new Pre. Though I don't think Sprint was a good choice as a partner. I left Sprint many years ago as they had horrible cell service. Still do. My company's Blackberry service is with them. I don't wanna go Apple.

Copyright problems that affect you, YouTube and Warner. Where does one draw the line? You use a song owned by Warner. You don't make any money from it. You upload it to YouTube. Warner wants YouTube to take it down because YouTube is making money off of the video you made. Poor you. What a quandry?

I liked the interview of Anne M. Mulcahy, Xerox CEO. Never read of a HR person becoming CEO of company, especially something like Xerox.

Via Information Week -

It seems MAC hackers don't have anything better to do. They've cracked Safari. And the PC hackers have broken into Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3. The only unhacked one is Googgle Chrome.

Verizon Wireless ranks the highest in J.D. Powers Associates' wireless call quality study. Yippee, that's my carrier. Verizon better not stand on its laurels as the other carriers are nipping at it's butt. Don't make me change my service.

No comments:

Post a Comment