Friday, March 6, 2009

Quote from Archduchess Margaret of Austria

"Trust in those who offer you service and in the end you will soon find yourself in the ranks of those who have been deceived."

I came across the above quote on Sherrilyn Kenyon's Twitter. It connected with me. So off to the internet to find out it's origins. Google told me it's in
The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn: 'the Most Happy'
By Eric William Ives
Edition: 2, illustrated
Published by Blackwell Publishing, 2004
ISBN 0631234799, 9780631234791
458 pages

The quote is written by The Archduchess Margaret (Margaretha) of Austria (10 January 1480 – 1 December 1530) who was a Habsburg princess, the daughter of Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor and Mary of Burgundy.

Here's the original:
"Trust in those who offer you service,
And in the end, my maidens,
You will soon find yourself in the ranks of those
Who have been deceived."

No comments:

Post a Comment