Friday, February 12, 2010

Turkey Hill Moose Tracks

FoodTV did an Unwrapped episode on Peanut Butter and showed the making of Turkey Hill's Moose Track. Well, it worked. I added this to my next grocery store shopping list. I was lucky that Turkey Hill was on sale -- 3 pints for $5.00. I brought Moose Tracks, Chocolate Mint Moose Tracks and one of my favorate flavors, Chocolate Mint.

Moose Tracks is vanilla ice cream with swirls of fudge and minature peanut butter cups (lots tinier than the ones you get from Hershey).

I had a serving last night and today I finished it. I tried it once and will not buy it again.

The vanilla ice cream was nice, creamy and soft. It was easy to scoop out. I did not need to leave it out at all.

The fudge swirls were hard. They weren't really swirled through the vanilla ice cream but were solid ribbons of chocolate. Like a glob of fudge here and then there.

If the fudge swirls and vanilla ice cream was the same consistency, I would like it more. It did not look like the carton picture.

Peanut butter cups were okay.

This was something I could not leave out to soften. It may have soften the fudge, but I think the vanilla ice cream would be soup.

I think I have a hankering for some Reese's Peanut Butter cups :)

No comments:

Post a Comment