Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We Are The World - Now and Then

NBC debuted We Are The World 25 for Haiti before the 2010 Winter Olympic games opening ceremonies.

When I heard it, I was not that thrilled with it. I posted on Facebook that this would need another listen. Maybe it will grow on me.

I later found out that the broadcast was only 3 minutes of the full video. Here's the official one. I like this version a lot better.



Here's the original.



Old or new? I sitll like the original. Yes, the new one grew on me. I like the new except for the guy (Jamaican?) who sounds like an out-of-tune warbling bird or some animal (time slice 3:14, 6:31 and 7:03). Only good part from him was at time slice 7:41-7:55.

Jay-z felt We Are the World should not have been remade.

How do you feel about the remake?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Jay-Z. Film and record producers who try to remake classics are doomed to fail every single time. And they always have. You'd think they would understand that better than anybody else.

    ReplyDelete