Monday, May 7, 2007

Spring Is Here

When I left New Jersey in mid-April, it was still nippy out and I was wondering if Spring would ever arrived. After returning from two weeks in Florida, I was so pleased to see all the colors of Spring appear.

There were trees with white blooms and pink blooms – think they may be dogwoods. The Forsythias were bright yellow. Many of the trees were no longer naked. The grass was so green. Tulips were out. Lots of people have started planting their flowery blooms.

The sad part – my tree in the front only has tiny buds, even my next-door neighbor's. Beyond the two of us, everything else was in bloom.

The other sad part – the splashes of color in the landscape all turns green in the next month or two. The petals from the trees are starting to dust the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment