Sunday, July 1, 2007

Unknown Caller

I've been meaning to write this blog for the last several days. Since my bro got me up at 5:30am this morning to drive him into the city (NYC) to fix his car that broke down two days ago and I'm still up, I might as well get this one done. Pointy keeps asking me did I do it.

"Unknown Caller" is what comes up on the home phone caller id. We don't answer the phone if we don't know who it is.

I've been working from home for the last two weeks. Like an alarm clock, this unknown caller rings once in the morning and again in the afternoon. If it really is important, you should leave a message. Oh no, it rings and rings and rings until the answering machine picks up and UC hangs up.

I got fed up on Wednesday afternoon. I answered the phone and put UC on speakerphone. I did not say a word. I had Paula Dean from Food Network on. UC can be entertained by Paula. I kept on hearing UC asking for me UC finally hangs up.

Thursday morning. I'm on my laptop. I'm streaming Z100 radio station. UC calls. answer the phone and put it right on top of my laptop speakers. I continue working. UC must have finally hung up because my phone tells me what to do if I want to make a call . UC calls again in the afternoon and do the same thing again.

It's Friday. No sign of UC. They must have finally gotten the message that this is not a worthwhile household to call

SOUTHNET is on the caller id. I don't know anything about Southnet. I think I'm going to give them the same treatment. They will either get silence, music or my fingers tapping on the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment